EMX-1 pattern & song organiser software

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

EMX-1 pattern & song organiser software

Postby philtipping on Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:51 am

Might be a bit late for all the emx1 users who've jumped ship to the emx2, but have only recently acquired an emx1 and have written a simple pattern & song organiser program for it. Might be handy for the zillions of patterns accumulated by now! It's not an editor as it only processes emx files offline, but you can move patterns & songs around within a file and between files, edit the pattern lists used by songs, the song chain, and the drum & synth part waves - just the things I find really fiddly with the rotary dial ;)
Can't post links as have only just registered, but it's called EMX1Config and is on my philizound website under software. There's a video overview on youtube if try a search. Hope it's of some use.
Phil
philtipping
Electribe Newbie

Re: EMX-1 pattern & song organiser software

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Sounds cool, but I have a Mac. Poop. Don't really want to jump through the hoops to use MS on it, either.

Thanks for putting all the work in, though. That's really great of you. Are you a programmer by trade or just like to mess with that sort of thing?
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Re: EMX-1 pattern & song organiser software

Postby philtipping on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:50 am

Thanks Blue Monster. Yes Mac's have always been an issue with my s/w but am stuck with what I know - too much work to port them and would need a real Mac to test them. Used to be a programmer but now retired so these projects just keep the brain cells active :)
philtipping
Electribe Newbie

Return to General Discussion