She is here... She is hot... She wants to be touched!

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: She is here... She is hot... She wants to be touched!

Postby Yatmandu on Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:53 am

hseiken wrote:Hey...sorry to hear about the tube problem. My first ESX arrived and I bought it used from a guy who didn't know his elbow from his ass. He listed the unit as fully working which was an outright lie as the entire unit was dirty and only half the buttons and knobs worked. I was only able to get half my 300 bucks back from the guy, but I have a spare ESX for parts if I ever need them now. The unit is beyond repair with what it has (i'd have to order parts to fix it) so I just keep it around for spare parts if ever needed (knobs, what have you...). So at least you didn't lose 150 bucks on your ESX! :)

Fucking ebay rats! Nobody's that stupid. These guys are crooks, plain and simple. They try this shyte anywhere else, they land in jail. Sorry for the mean tone, I know it doesn't help you, but I just hate these fucking rats. Good luck man.
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby pM7 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:11 am

Hey guys just an update. I got my replacement ESX on Wednesday from Zzounds.com and this time is 100%. Both valves are looking normal (no white inside) and both channels are working as expected out of the box.
I have a lot of reading to do specially as far as the sampling goes and how to make both EMX and ESX work together.

I've tested sampling a little and I recorded here for you guys to hear. Sorry about the humming sound... I still need to upgrade my old cheap mixer.

To view the player you must have Javascript turned on and have Flash Player 9 or better installed.

Boom-Boom-Barabim-BaraBoom_ESX_test.mp3 [ 824.08 KiB | Viewed 2531 times ]

Ed
pM7
Knob Fiddler

Postby Dj Pound on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:08 pm

Hahaha...bada bing bada boom.
Glad everything worked out! Cant wait to hear you're ESX tracks :mrgreen:
Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532

http://titusandtheraindrops.tumblr.com/

http://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
Dj Pound
Knob Fiddler

Postby pM7 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:51 am

And the Russian girls are looking perfect on this one ;)

(compare to the 1st pictures in this thread)

ESX Valves.jpg
ESX Valves.jpg (73.38 KiB) Viewed 2715 times

ESX Valves2.jpg
ESX Valves2.jpg (44.88 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
Ed
pM7
Knob Fiddler

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:56 am

Don't forget to swap your tubes :-D

It's only 26 bucks for a brand new matched set of very nice tubes...

If you look on this page: http://eurotubes.com/euro-e.htm

The ECC803 S will give you like no distortion at all but it will make your machine sound crisp and clear with a hint of organic metallic resonance (sounds gorgeous)... This is in my opinion a better tube for the EMX because it has the overdrive knob which makes these tubes SING!

In my opinion a better option for the ESX is the ECC83 S tubes... they are shorter plates and have a bit more distortion... this is good for the esx if you like just a bit of it.... with the tubes turned way down there is no effect they just make the machine sound a lot more crisp and dynamic...

You seem to like a bit of distortion.... so I'd go with the ECC83 S's

Believe it or not, new tubes will make a HUGE difference in the electribe.... they'll make it a lot easier to mix different parts (they are more forgiving)... there will be significantly less background noise, and they add some overall compression (especially ECC803 S)...
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby unfolding on Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:19 pm

did you buy this used? either way I reccomend resetting it to the factory default. also that tube does look bad.

any news? it's been 20 days!
unfolding
Electribe Newbie

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:19 am

pM7 wrote:Hey

No luck
Left channel is coming with a "hiss" sound... just "ssssssssssssss...." but thats it.
Right channel is fine.
I know what you're talking about when you say the cables one on the headphone jack in error. I had the cables placed correctly. One in the right and one in the left. Yep... its a dead left channel for sure. I will call Korg product support tomorrow and confirm that.

The AUDIO IN setting under Global was set to STEREO and I also played around with the PAN knob but no changes.
One interesting fact is that the tube on the right has a white top. Not sure if that means the tube is bad or not. My EMX has both tubes with black tops.

tubes.jpg

Hehehehe by the way, I forgot to mention.... the machines have swapped tubes. The left tube (when looking through the window) is actually the right channel.... and vice versa.

They are meant to be looked at through the back of the machine where t hat removable grille is... :) and also the nifty tube tuning potentiometers (if you swap tubes you might get to mess with them :-D)
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion