Anyone interested in visuals?

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Anyone interested in visuals?

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Now I know I got like a hundred projects going on at once at the moment... my groove box project has been put on hold indefinitely... abletonpa.com is halted and even my art is suffering.

I simply do not have the funds or the time to support those projects right now....

What I am wondering is if any of you would be interested in a project that would allow direct implimentation of AVS (the visualization from winamp) as a VST... or maybe just a standalone program... that will receive not only the audio signal, but also the midi time clock (for bpm effects) as well as midi control.

I've been toying with this for a while and it has a TON of potential. For example.... assigning a midi knob to control a variable which you can use in the scripting language that the visualization presets use (for example use it to alter colors, or change rotation speeds, positions... anything)

I am thinking about doing something like this and making a free basic version and a more advanced version that can be purchased.... the catch is I would be very limited in how I would do it because obviously I can just tweak avs and sell it... I would have to develop it like a plugin for avs...

For now I have done some basic mods to avs and figured out how the scripting engine works... it would definitely be a fun project but what I"m wondering is if it would be popular.

What do you think? One thing is for sure... with my financial situation I cannot afford to do this project as a free project.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Re: Anyone interested in visuals?

Postby reddzero on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:12 pm

yeh that sounds good . i always thought a visualizer in an emx2 would be cool .

keep us upto date with your progress then .

I like visuals !!!

In fact i like to watch games be played now more than playing LOL ... except for God Of War 3 , cant wait for that game !!

P.S. just tried putting your "ruso" picture into negative image out of interest ..... looks much cooler i think mate . you should see for yourself maybe . just a thought eh ;)
reddzero
Electribe Newbie

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:45 pm

I mean at this point I'm just working on visuals to add to my performance which I can control with midi... I do think that I might develop this into a further project eventually.... it's pretty fun. I've been making avs presets for a long time...

Anyways, so far I got the thing to listen to midi messages and also stripped down most of the code for the window code (no more full screen mode, I'm gonna make my own... and no more winamp things).... if I get a moment today I'm gonna keep s tripping it down from everything (just about) winamp related..... it's hard there are a LOT of things... and the whole project is a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE chunk of fairly complicated code....

Anyways I took some screenies.. :-D
Attachments
Untitled-6.jpg
Untitled-6.jpg (101.99 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Untitled-5.jpg
Untitled-5.jpg (96.56 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Untitled-4.jpg
Untitled-4.jpg (62.79 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Untitled-3.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg (59 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (66.89 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby gotBASS on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Think I'd be interested man! Visuals programs can be pretty sweet (i've been loving "milkdrop" for some time now). I always wondered why they don't seem to be a feature of media players that have a video-out socket. It would really sell me one if they did. Maybe you could, while you're at it, make a hardware "in-line" box to create visuals and send them out on some kind of video-out? Obviously I have no real concept of how related a project or how much more difficult a project that would be. But I'd probably buy one of them too :D)
Equipment List:
Laptop (Vista Home Premium) - Reaper DAW Program - Yamaha AW1600 Digital Multitrack Recorder - Alesis SR-16 Midi Drum Module - Yamaha DJX-IIb - Electribe EMX - Nintendo DS (with Homebrew Cartridge) - Warwick Corvette $$ 5-string - Laney RBW 200 Bass Amp - Various Guitar/Bass Pedals - M Audio Oxygen 8 v2 Midi Keyboard
gotBASS
Knob Abuser

Postby SkinnyWhiteBoy on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:25 pm

How do you create your own visuals? What program?
SkinnyWhiteBoy
Knob Fiddler

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:57 am

advanced visuallization studio inside winamp.... if you right click on the vis window you can go to avs editor and make your own presets.... beware the beat detection is horrible out of the box.... go to beat detection in the menu and select advanced....

Also you can set winamp to do visualizations to audio input.... go to file->add url in the play list and type in "linein://"
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Yatmandu on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

I mentioned this a while back, but the iTunes dancing Orbs are probably the best visualization I've ever seen. It's kind of a one trick pony, but it's done really well. Looks like a high rez blockbuster video game compared to other viz programs.
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:25 am

Yes but you have NO IDEA what kind of visuals you can get out of avs..... I one time made a pop n locking dancing blob.... I kid you not.... it had perfect rhythm too. :gunz:

The trick with avs is that you really gotta dig into settings to make it shine.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion