Downtime... and my record label

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Downtime... and my record label

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:03 pm

Sorry about that... I might have screwed up a little renewing our domain and adding a new one.

It has caused the dns cache to go a bit screwy and pointed to some other website on ALL of my domains if you visited this site at a certain time. Hopefully for most it had no effect...

On the brighter note,
Ruso is officially a record label owner. I registered and got a federal tax number for Prescription Audio and am currently working on the website. Although I recently got offered an opportunity to release music at a record label, I decided to turn it down last night and do my own thing.

Mission statement:
We are a one of a kind record label releasing electronic music that is independent from the concept of genre. Our goal is not to play it safe with an established sound but to rather progress music forward. This is not to say one cannot be creative within a particular genre but rather within the established common and popular sound of that genre. By leaving the concept of status and ego at the door and letting creativity flow from one's self rather then an established "safe" environment, music can be taken to new and uncharted territory. If you share our vision don't hesitate to join our movement.

Check out the website (DNS might still not be ready so if it doens't work try later):
http://prescription-audio.com

Spiffy no? :-D :brush:
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Re: Downtime... and my record label

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:26 pm

Best of luck! DIY is great - just work on your business model, set your goals and go for it!

Scott
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:04 pm

Hate to tell you bro... there is no business model or goals in electronic music....

it will come with time... it might not come at all...
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:37 am

Ruso wrote:... Mission statement:
We are a one of a kind record label releasing electronic music that is independent from the concept of genre. Our goal is not to play it safe with an established sound but to rather progress music forward. This is not to say one cannot be creative within a particular genre but rather within the established common and popular sound of that genre. By leaving the concept of status and ego at the door and letting creativity flow from one's self rather then an established "safe" environment, music can be taken to new and uncharted territory. If you share our vision don't hesitate to join our movement.

I beg to differ!

Deciding that you want to release music is the beginning of a business model, whether or not you want to be "professional" about it. The point is to do what you want to do well, so that others will hear and (hopefully) enjoy it.

You're half-way there, Ruso. Keep it up!

Scott (trying to be encouraging really)
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:33 pm

Thanks man... no I didn't take it the wrong way... true statement :gunz:

The major reason is for exposure and promotion. The majority of record labels have a goal to make money... my goal is to produce great music and I know if I put a lot of time into that that the money will come eventually.
:gunz:
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Then that's your business model!

And it works for me. Get on it.

And good luck again!

Scott
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Return to General Discussion