Spectralis 2

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: Spectralis 2

Postby SkinnyWhiteBoy on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:16 am

Nope, the monomachine is not double the price, but ehh + half the price of the radias, so a bit more expensive. It most certainly is a very very cool synth, and you can get amazing sounds from it. But not that intuitive-on the fly thing I like, there's a bit to much menu scrolling and button pressing (not the fun buttons). But I guess I'll just have to give it some time, and see where it takes me. I'm most definetely having FUN rockin
Controlling 2 parts from the Esx still leaves me with 2 parts, 2 stepsequencers, 1 arpeggiator and a 12 mod sequencers on the Radias, which ought to be more than enough for my needs. I need to stop whining and just jam :lol:
SkinnyWhiteBoy
Knob Fiddler

Postby Yatmandu on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:19 am

I think that's the case in North America (Radias Rack = 1/2 price of MnM Mk II) but probably different in the EU (where Radias more $$ and MnM less $$). Anyway, I'm guilty of GAS'ing for new gear while my current gear is more than enough for what I want to do. I actually have been on a purge rather than binge lately, getting rid of my EMX, soon ESX, X-Station (basically a lot of gear I bought a few years ago). I'm leaning much more towards production than live jamming these days. I will miss the tribes dearly, but at least I'm keeping my ER-1 for the jam-factor. Good luck!
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby SkinnyWhiteBoy on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:54 pm

If you buy from new, the Radias is actually the most expensive, well at least here in Denmark.
I forgot to mention one little funny thing about my Radias, it used to belong to the danish band Aqua, maybe you know barbie girl? It says Aqua bas synth on the flightcase, and there's a bank on it that's named Aqua with music programmed by them, not at all into them, but I still think it's kind of cool and funny :D
SkinnyWhiteBoy
Knob Fiddler

Postby Yatmandu on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:01 am

SkinnyWhiteBoy wrote:If you buy from new, the Radias is actually the most expensive, well at least here in Denmark.
I forgot to mention one little funny thing about my Radias, it used to belong to the danish band Aqua, maybe you know barbie girl? It says Aqua bas synth on the flightcase, and there's a bank on it that's named Aqua with music programmed by them, not at all into them, but I still think it's kind of cool and funny :D

:lol: Time for a SkinnyWhiteBoy remix of "Barbie Girl"! Make it really evil!! Cool story.
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:00 am

What are they doing now?
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby dRead on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:45 am

hehehe,AQUA, with their one-hit-single Barbie girl??? :rofl: maybe your Radias is coming directly from hell,you should consult an exorcist :gunz: holy shyte,that song was terrible....... :lol:

to get back to topic:
i recently bought a used spectralis I,and i´m very impressed about its features and possibilities. on the first look,everything looks really complex and hard to understand,but if you dig into the manual and play around with it,you can get familiar with the basis funtions very soon and have fun with it. the more often you play,the more you learn ;)
but you can NOT compare a spectralis with an electribe,its a very different concept! i for myself have both and i dont want to miss my electribes and i dont want to get rid of my spectralis, electribe is wonderful to jam with and for live-acts, but spectralis is somekind of professional studio gear with analog filterbanks and complex sound-synthesis,and if you program well and prepare your sets correctly at home,you can even take it with you and make a REAL powerful liveset because the spectralis is one of the best live-able machines out there if you understand how it works!!! myself is far away from that,but time will come,hehe rockin

ah,and btw: if you plan on buying a spectralis, then ask yourself: do you really need 4gb samplelibrary and SD-card slots and a new stylish design? if not,then just go out and buy a used spectralis I if you get it somewhere,cauz its half of the price of spectralis II but has the SAME FEATURES,everything is the same except design and samplelibrary!!!!!!!

greeeetz and PARDY HARD :gunz:
dRead
Electribe Newbie

Postby SkinnyWhiteBoy on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:17 am

Nice to hear about the spectralis. Ignore my questions in the other thread :roll:
I know you can't compare spectralis and electribes, what I was thinking was workflow wise. But maybe you can't even compare that? Anyways, I bought the Aqua Radias instead (and a bunch of other stuff), so I'm not gonna have any money for a Spectralis anytime soon........but someday it will be mine rockin
And I was actually considering Spec1, since both 1&2 were up for sale used at that time.
And yeah funny story about my Radias :D Unfortunately Barbie girl wasn't on there, but some of their newer stuff, Happy boys for instance :lol:
SkinnyWhiteBoy
Knob Fiddler

Postby Earthworm on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:31 pm

You should definitely learn how to step sequence. You are missing out-- not on the fun of inputting note values, gate times, etc.,--but on the production value this technique can have for your music. I'm amazed that you have been able to make music [without] doing this. Which leads to another question: Are you f**king Kidding Me!?

LOL :lol:
Earthworm
Electribe Newbie

Previous

Return to Other Grooveboxes