Korg releasing Kaossilator Pro.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Korg releasing Kaossilator Pro.

Postby Stemo on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:25 pm

So Korg is about to release an updated version of their kaossilator synth/thingy. It has got the layout of the kaosspad 3, inkluding it's sampling capabilities.
It certanly looks spiffy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHD0EvhvdYM

I would say you could classify this as a groovebox now, with pretty intuitive live features.
Allthough I always saw the kaoosilator as more of a toy then a serious instrument for producing music. I wonder how this product will be received.

What do you guys think of it?
Stemo
Electribe Newbie

Re: Korg releasing Kaossilator Pro.

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:00 am

I think korg has failed 2010 with product choices.... I think korg ran out of ideas and doesn't listen to forums like these for future product ideas!
rockin

crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap :gunz:
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Dietrich on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:02 am

The Kaossilator Pro is said to be designed from user input. :)
Dietrich
Electribe Newbie

Postby Oivest on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:46 am

Ruso wrote:I think korg ran out of ideas and doesn't listen to forums like these for future product ideas!

Seriously. If they continued their progression on the 'tribes, I'm sure they'd make a killing. Elektron/Spectralis are the only ones still doing the groovebox currently and we know how that price range goes :shock: . Hell, even if Yamaha could slap a good synthesis engine in something like an RS7k we could be talking business.
Oivest
Electribe Newbie

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Well one factor to consider is that the electribe user base is much smaller then for other korg products (like synths)..... we are a rare breed.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Yatmandu on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Smaller user base than their synths for sure, but still pretty huge. I think someone did a roll-call on EMX/ESX serial numbers, and recent ones were in the 30,000 range for each of the E*X units. So that's 60K E*X's out there, and even if you knock half of them out (broken, not used, etc), you still have 30K E*X tribe users out there. Add the oldies like ES, EA, etc, and that's a huge customer base that would be interested in a new model. I really don't understand what Korg was thinking with the microSampler and the Kaossilator Pro. I would think a new tribe with more memory, SD cards, and more features like the ones discussed here and at the other Korg forum would sell like hotcakes.
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:11 pm

I'm with you on that one... I would probably have to buy one myself.
rockin
(god I love that icon)
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby MrRFJ on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:24 am

Yeah, world class fail on the Kaossilator Pro if you ask me. I got tricked into purchasing one before I put the time into researching what it was that I wanted to do and how I wanted my workflow to be laid out.

A preset box with a touchscreen; made for those that seek instant gratification with limited creative output. Might as well have come from toys r us, but that's just like my opinion man.
MrRFJ
Electribe Newbie

Postby Stardrifter on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:25 pm

MrRFJ wrote:A preset box with a touchscreen

I think it comes in handy for certain things, mostly fluid, simi-random arpeggios. But other than that I'll have to agree with you on that one.

Sorry for not introducing myself (if there was a place for that I must'v missed it). I'm "Stardrifter", and I own an Electribe, dawg. :)
We are not average people. We are professional knob-twisters.
http://soundcloud.com/ascensiondoctrine/sound-of-my-dreams-stardrifter
Stardrifter
Electribe Newbie

Postby MrRFJ on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 am

^Nice to meet you as well. Perhaps tonight when I'm not at work I'll check out that track in your sig.
MrRFJ
Electribe Newbie

Next

Return to Other Grooveboxes