Mattel UCreate (thrift store sampler)

Moderator: Aciphecs

Mattel UCreate (thrift store sampler)

Postby adamitron on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:39 am

got one of these at the thrift store by my house for $2. note that 95% of the sounds you here the kid playing are not on the machine, and you can only have 1 of your own 2 recorded samples playing at one time, and when you loop your own sample it doesn't loop with the beat, it's just like taking the one-shot version and putting it on repeat.
but on the plus side that can lead to some nice poly rhythms. the real joy of it is it is battery powered, and pretty drunk proof, so if your out partying with someone that freestyles, you can drop a beat and have a little session almost anywhere. it even has camera style strap bars so you can play it standing.
i haven't tried hooking it up to the computer yet, i'm a little scared to put mattel software on my computer, but one day i'll probably get bored and make a video of it.
adamitron
Knob Fiddler

Re: Mattel UCreate (thrift store sampler)

Postby Aciphecs on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Hahaha! Yes! I bought one of these around xmas time on ebay for like $15, just to see what was up with it. Ran it into the audio in on the ESX for a little jam fun :D

I got tired quick (it is a kid's toy) and gave it to my nephews to fool with. My one nephew already knew how to use it! When I tried to show him how to record samples he said "I know, my friend has one" Crazy kids ;)
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Return to Other Grooveboxes