Korg Volca series coming in July. 150 a piece!

Moderator: Aciphecs

Korg Volca series coming in July. 150 a piece!

Postby Klenderfender on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:51 am

Klenderfender
Knob Abuser

Re: Korg Volca series coming in July. 150 a piece!

Postby button on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:31 am

I've been following these for awhile now and been quite tempted by them, now I'm not really sure how I feel about them. I like the idea of having all three side by side but from what I've heard I think I'd get sick of the beats very quickly and the bass possibly seems limited. the keys are by far the most interesting to me I would find it ideal as a midi module for tone generating. But with the extra waiting I've lost a bit of interest so I don't know. I may end up trying the keys one day.. I can imagine them eventually going second hand for around $100. Perhaps korg will release an even better series next year that makes the volcas look like toys in comparison, huge amounts of room for improvements right.
button
Electribe Newbie

Re: Korg Volca series coming in July. 150 a piece!

Postby Klenderfender on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:03 pm

I'm never swayed by demos, just the possibilities. I use all my gear in a unorthodox fashion and these will make live gigs a breeze. Currently I do live sets with two nintendo DS with Korg DS-1 cartridges (synth and drum program), miniKP, Kaossicilator, and a quad OSC by get lofi. These Volca units (all three em) have so much portential! (I'm thinking of lining them into a variety of effects and using the synth for noisey lines).

What makes me happy about these Korg units (and also the monotribe and monotrons that I still need to get) is that the company is actually listening to consumer demands! Volca bass is very 303-ish!
Klenderfender
Knob Abuser

Return to Other Grooveboxes