the newbie

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

the newbie

Postby andifall on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:22 am

Hey everyone!
Just bought my Esx1 and am loving it! Just goes to show that something that was made in '03 still stands up as one of the best grooveboxes out there.

Anyway - jus to start off, I have a couple of newbie questions;

1. Has anyone got any of those 'styleflip' things for the esx or emx? wondered if their worth it, they seem to look pretty cool. (http://www.styleflip.com/index.php?main ... &face_id=1)

2. Technically wise, can you record live sounds from the audio in jack whilst in playback mode? I'm guessing the answers no, but I thought I'd give it an ask anyway.

CHeers,
Simon
andifall
Electribe Newbie

Re: the newbie

Postby Borg on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:10 am

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of Electribes! :bday:

1. Well, I'm actually designing one as we speak. I don't know if I'm actually gonna pay for one right away, but sometime it would be great to make a completely unique machine. I like that idea.

2. If you mean recording as in sampling, then no. If you mean recording as in just going through the machine, then yes.
You'll find me at YouTube, Virb and Facebook
Gear - Korg ESX-1, Mini KP, Tapco Mix.60, MXL 990
Borg
Knob Abuser

Postby andifall on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:56 am

wow - that's pretty cool - make sure you post a picture when your done! :D
So what do you mean through a machine? Could you ellaborate?

Cheers!
andifall
Electribe Newbie

Postby andifall on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:02 am

I mean - I know how to make a sample on the machine outside of playback - what I'm wanting to do is sing or play while the esx is going and record that audio in, whilst it's playing. Sorry if I'm making a simple task seem long and difficult!
andifall
Electribe Newbie

Postby Milhouse on Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:56 am

I have added vocals to stuff i have written on the ESX. What i did was use a different piece of gear. Turn on the metronome or play a beat in headphones. I record the vocal in soundforge. Edit it, then load it into the ESX using the SM card. Then when playing it you might have to adjust the pitch a little on the ESX.
Korg ESX-1
Ensoniq ASR-X Pro
Roand Juno 106
Tama Techstar 206
Yamaha TG-33
Milhouse
Knob Abuser

Return to Technical Talk