New Directions Labs: You're Home

Share YouTube and other videos about Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

New Directions Labs: You're Home

Postby Naynap81086 on Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 pm

This was an attempt to use this new camera that I won at work to record a video of me jamming on the Tribe. I couldn't record audio into the camera itself, so I recorded it separately on my Tascam and synced it in Windows Movie Maker. I'm pretty happy with the results. I'll link to my Soundcloud when I have the audio portion up. Thanks for watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcSUQP9thGk
Naynap81086
Electribe Newbie

Re: New Directions Labs: You're Home

Postby Aciphecs on Sat May 28, 2011 10:21 pm

Nice, I've been thinking of using the same method :D what Tascam are you using? Mine's the simple DP-004, works great for what I need!

Oh man, just realized you were sitting on the floor. That would wreck my back :evil:
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Postby Naynap81086 on Sun May 29, 2011 8:38 pm

Oh man, believe me, sitting on the floor like that has ruined my knees! I work in a grocery store and have to move around all day anyway, but because I've been dorking out on the EMX every night, my knees feel like they're gonna crack or something. My back's okay, though. :o

I'm using the DP008, which I needed for the sort of overdubbing and vocals I was doing when I got it... I was doing weird pop stuff and becoming acclimated to the recording process itself. With the EMX I send the drums to the third and fourth outputs, and then plug all four of the outputs into my mixer, which THEN goes into the Tascam. I record two tracks and then copy them to the remaining six and use them all to EQ the fook out of everything. The Tascam is the first actual recorder I bought, I've had it since December and I've got no complaints.

About syncing the audio, it was easier than I thought, which isn't to say it wasn't a little bit of a headache considering I hadn't tried to do it before, but you'll be surprised, I bet. Try it out!
Naynap81086
Electribe Newbie

Postby Aciphecs on Sun May 29, 2011 9:55 pm

I should have no problem syncing them, my video editor lets me place an audio file wherever. I've gotten pretty good at video editing in the last couple months :D
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Postby marsmodular on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:49 pm

This is by far, the best EMX video I have seen, and I have tried to watch several dozen! :D
GEAR: Boss Dr-55, Dr-Pad, KM-600; Paia 4700 Modular; Roland Sh3a; Ensoniq MR61; Kawai K1, MX-8SR; Ogco Modulars and Cables; Ibanez DD-700 x2; Korg EA-1 mkii, ER-1 mkii, SQ-1 x2; Sony MZ-R700; Tascam MD-350; Marantz CDR500; Vista Home Premium; Audacity.
marsmodular
Electribe Newbie

Return to Electribe Video